Quel has "tagged" me to produce my list of SEVENs. So without further ado:
7 Things I Plan to Do Before I Die:
- Learn to drive stick-shift
- Publish something (an article in Essence, a novel, autobiography, etc.)
- Learn to play piano ... again (I took piano for seven years, but haven't played in 10 years. Don't use it, you lose it.)
- Get my Ph. D.
- Take a cruise.
- Go snorkeling. Went to Belize back in 1996 with my roommate, Rhea, and her family. But when everyone jumped in to snorkel, I stayed in the boat and slept.
- Pledge a sorority. Grad chapter.
7 Things I Can Do:
- Make greens just like my Momma!
- Speak functional Spanish. Took it for 4 years in high school and one in college. I'll still break it out when I need to.
- Speak functional Serbian, i.e., enough to get by. Huh? you say. See Zare photos, it'll make sense.
- Swim. Took lessons for 3 years growing up. Finally put my head under water the 3rd year. Took lessons again as an adult. Too shame not to learn. But not to shame to stand up on the diving board for 30 minutes talkin bout, "Okay, ya'll for real this time. I'ma do it this time."
- Learn things quickly. Academic things, that is. Wish I were quicker with the life lessons.
- Strike up a conversation with anyone. Came in handy after the Destiny's Child Concert.
- Get a buzz but not get drunk. I can tell exactly when to stop because my lips start tingling. If I drink anymore, they'll go numb, and it's all over.
7 Things I Cannot Do:
- Hold a grudge. Life's too short. People make mistakes. People change. Plus, it just takes too much of my energy.
- Get to work on time. I help reinforce the stereotype daily.
- Stop kissing my sweet little baby boy's cheeks whenever he's near me.
- Stop laughing so loudly. Everyone knows my laugh. My mom says it's been distinct since I was a baby. I can't help it. I even practiced controlling it. But there's no such thing as controlled laughter. So just cover your ears, ya'll.
- Eat just anybody's cooking. Workplace potlucks? Can't do it.
- Ice Skate. Tried it once a couple of years ago. No, thanks.
- Play Spades very well. I think I'm just too lazy to keep up with what cards have been played. I don't care enough.
7 Things that Attract Me to the Opposite Sex:
- Great Smile. Pretty lips, nice teeth, twinkle in the eyes. Breaks me down like a shotgun.
- Wit/Sense of Humor.
- Nice arms that you could stay wrapped up in forever.
- Nice smell. Cologne or just a nice, clean scent.
- Height. I like 'em kinda tall.
7 Things that I Say Most Often:
- And I was like....
- You know?!
- I can't tell.
- Unh huh (instead of yes; I didn't know I said it so much til Zare started saying it.)
7 Celebrity Crushes:
- Morris Chestnut (Come on now, need I explain?)
- Boris Kodjoe (Someone recently said he couldn't act. Personally, I hadn't noticed.)
- Gary Dourdan (played Shazza on Different World. Last seen on CSI).
- Jamile McGee (So You Think You Can Dance reality show. So sweet! Holla atcha girl, Jamile. Haha!)
- Will Smith (I adore his goofy personality, plus he had got fine for Ali!)
- Nigel Barker (America's Next Top Model judge. So cocky, and that accent.)
Jude Law (So beautiful, and again with the accent!)Taye Diggs (Sorry, Jude. I'd have to pick Taye any day.)