I am loving
"Lip Sync for ya Liiife" "RuPaul's Drag Race." At first it seemed a bit much. Just real over the top. But as a former (okay *hanging head* current) ANTM watcher, can I truly call anything in this post-Tyra world "over the top?" If we're being honest here, and we are, once I got past my deep-seated reservations stemming from my ultra-conservative Christian upbringing and just watched the damn show, I got over myself and enjoyed it immensely.
Although these are men in drag, I would have to say that it's just like ANTM except better and less campy. RuPaul obviously has copied much of the staging of ANTM and set up of ANTM, but he does it so much better.
As for the last episode, the Mac/VivaGlam Spokeperson challenge, I'll say but a few things:
- Chanel shoulda won the challenge on doing the makeup for the other teammate. He was robbed, for sure.
- Speaking of Chanel, did you see his outfit during the runway competition? OMG. And why did he completely pull it off?
- BeBe is growing on me. She's not so easy on the eyes, but she's one of the only ones who makes me think of her with a female pronoun. She brings it everytime.
- Wow, didn't Rebecca look real stupid for bringing all that drama to the challenge about her (she's the other female pronoun invoker) friend with H.I.V. when Ungina did this spirited campaign about Celebrating Life, and then revealed that he himself actually is H.I.V. positive!!
- Okay, why I cry when he said that and everybody started crying?
- But isn't Rebecca so pretty?
- How fantastic is it when they have to lip sync at the end? Can not every show decide things this way? Including Divorce Court, People's Court, Survivor, all of them. This is one of the best ideas ever. But they all would have to have someone introduce the segment just like RuPaul, Lip Sync for Yalllifuh!